Thursday, May 9, 2013

And So it Begins

The weather has warmed, everything is blooming and green again, and running season is in full swing. I find myself at the gym less and running outdoors more. Battling bugs and humidity as I did when I first started running a year ago this May. After a year of running I have several bibs and medals waiting to adorn my wall, as well as a full schedule this summer of events I'm participating in as well as a race I'm directing, and training I need to fit in so I can endure two half marathons a week apart.

While the scale hasn't been my friend, I have become stronger, able to endure and push to new personal bests (30:54 on the 5k in March where my first 5k in September 2012 was 43 minutes) (2:30:17 on my Mini Marathon where my previous half marathon best was 2:46), and more determined than ever to fully live up to being a RUNNER. I'm coaching a newer runner and watching her surpass the same difficulties we all have - breathing, stride, cadence, etc.

I feel bad for not have kept up with the blog but with so much going on it seems like if it's not writer's block giving me drama, it's simply not having enough time for all the sit down and type required. As the summer goes on, I'm going to keep a post of runner tips and tricks as I broaden my running resume. Hopefully that will help other new runners along the lines and if you have anything to add, feel free to put it in the comments section and I'll add it as I update.

No comments:

Post a Comment